Research, External Projects and Consultancy
The Faculty of Business and Management is engaged in a wide range of research, external projects and consultancy work, spread across all of our Schools and Institutes.
Research & Consultancy
Research and consultancy within the Faculty is around a range of key areas, please contact the following individuals for further information:
- Wales Institute for Physical Literacy: Dr Andy Williams
- Wales Institute for Work-Based learning: Professor Liz Wilson or Dr Elsie Reynolds
- Research in entrpreneurship, business development, marketing, HRM and other business fields: Dr Jill Venus
- Research in rural business, sense of place, community engagement: Dr Jill Venus
The Faculty runs a full-time DBA programme on the London Campus and a part-time DBA on the Swansea campus.
PhD and MPhil applications are welcome from students who wish to study at one of our Welsh campuses, or as distance students. The Faculty currently has around 25 students on these programmes.
Recent, successful PhD student topics include:
- Natasha Ramkinsoon (PhD) , Entrepreneurship Policy and Practice in Trinidad
- Akkawan Sangkipan (PhD) , Motovations and positionality of women small business owners in Thailand
- Xian Zhang (PhD) Governance in Chinese Family Businesses
- Vasilis Mitsios (PhD) E-marketing in the Greek tourism sector
- George Omoroguiwa (PhD) Barriers to small business success in Benin City, Nigeria
Examples of Externally funded projects currently include: