Student Record System (SRS) Project
The University is currently undertaking a transformational project to merge the two existing Student Record Systems (Agresso and SITS) to one solution based on the SITS platform. The project implementation is being phased and implemented over a two year period for completion in December 2017. The project's objectives will support the university's strategic direction by:
- Rationalising business workflow to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative processes.
- Improving the student experience by providing enhanced online self-service interfaces to applicants and students throughout their academic journey.
- Providing a harmonised dataset for institution wide business intelligence reporting.
- Improving data quality and integrity.
The project is being delivered in strands across three phased deployments
|Phase 1 - Completed|
|Admissions – one unified admissions system||October 2016|
|Phase 2 - Completed|
|One unified Student Record System across institution. Incorporates migration of data and processes from Agresso to SITS as well as additions and enhancements to business process functions for both staff and students||September 2017|
|Phase 3 - In Progress|
|Consolidation and support of systems. Further additions and enhancements to SITS platform||November 2017|
Phase 1 - Admissions for 2017 Entry - Complete
Phase 1 of the project was delivered in October 2016 providing a unified Admissions solution for both applicants and admissions processing staff. All UWTSD applicants applying through UCAS and UTT (UCAS Teacher Training) for entry in 2017/2018 onwards now apply to one institution code – T80. Direct applicants now apply using the University's new on-line form.
Phase 2 – Merge and Migration of Systems - Complete
All key business critical deliverables were implemented on schedule meaning the prime project objective has been achieved - the university is now operating on one unified Student Record System. The key items being the migration and merge of:
- Student / Programme / Financial data
- All external system integration points (Moodle, ID Cards etc.)
- Staff Reports – Faculty Query System
And the roll out of enhanced functionality:
- Finance – Fee Matrix migration and enhancement; Fund Manager (Student Bursaries / Scholarship)
- Registry Services – new and improved functionality for Progression and Exam Boards; and Online Enrolment.
- Admissions – new Clearing software to enhance the process for both staff and applicants
A programme of staff training was conducted in September to ensure that all staff have the necessary skills and support to perform their role using the new systems.
Phase 3 – Further System Enhancements
Phase 3 will further consolidate the systems and provide continued support following the migration from the Agresso system. Other functional enhancements will be delivered for Registry Services including Student Change of Circumstance; Progression Rules & Automation; and Online Enrolment.
Delivery of Phase 3 is scheduled for 30 November 2017 at which point the formal project will close and systems transitioned to operational teams.
All processing of applicant, student and programme data across the institution should now be conducted on the unified SITS platform. The Agresso system has been archived.
You can access the system using this link https://mytsd.uwtsd.ac.uk
The team are located on the Carmarthen Campus, Level 1 of the Norah Isaac building and can be contacted via email email@example.com or by phone on Carmarthen extension 5195 / 5194.
Please note: the project will formally close on 30 November 2017. After this time please direct any queries via the IT Service Desk - https://webhelp.uwtsd.ac.uk