The main responsibilities of this function include:
- Researching and mapping national strategic objectives and targets to inform institutional planning.
- Drafting and presenting key strategic documentation to the University Senior Management Team and other statutory bodies including the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (Hefcw).
- Providing advice, support and guidance to others in the University with responsibility for drafting and presenting strategy and policy.
- Co-ordinating and responding to data requests from statutory bodies including as the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and HEFCW.
- Monitoring and reporting on the University's Strategic Plan targets, Fee Plan targets, Key Performance Indicators and other performance measures.
- Analysis and interpretation of data to support evidence based strategic planning and decision making.
- Quality assurance of data used in external publications e.g. university league tables.
- Co-ordination of the Key Information Sets (KIS) data collection and return for publication on the Unistats website.
To contact the Strategic Planning Team email: Strategy@uwtsd.ac.uk