Connected to Business and Industry
SA1 Swansea Waterfront will showcase the best of Welsh creativity and Innovation
Swansea will lead the way in establishing an economic and cultural model which facilitates integration and drives enterprise growth. As well as being an economic hub, SA1 Swansea Waterfront will also be a catalyst for further external investment into the region. It will deliver clear economic and commercial benefits to attract companies, partnerships and investment, and therefore create a critical mass of expertise.
In addition, close business and industry relationships will allow us to continue producing employable graduates and create skills development opportunities relevant to employers.
SA1 Swansea Waterfront will:
- Establish Centres of Excellence across different sectors which will deliver clear economic and commercial benefits
- Build an integrated innovation and enterprise ecosystem which caters for knowledge transfer collaboration between industry and academia
- Drive social, cultural and economic development by providing companies with access to advice and support allied to technological capacity and know how
- Provide high quality incubation space for companies, entrepreneurs and graduates
- Create a critical mass of expertise and technology which will attract new companies, partnerships and investment
- Provide opportunities for employee growth through a Centre for Continuing Professional Development
- Bring best practice to Wales and show the best of Welsh creativity and innovation
- Build on the extensive industrial links that exist through the University’s Creative Industries Research and Innovation Centre (CIRIC) and will connect with the UWTSD's Cultural Quarter campuses on Alexandra Road in the city centre
- Drive the regeneration of the city and region