The National Student Survey
UWTSD ranked =1st in the UK for student satisfaction in Art.
National Student Survey 2020
Guardian League Table
UWTSD increased by one place to =56th in the Guardian League Table 2021.
Highlights for Art and Design include:
- UWTSD (Trinity Saint David) ranked 3rd in the UK for Design & Crafts, 5th in the UK for Art AND 8th in the UK for Fashion & textiles.
- 1st in Wales for all three and 1st in Wales for Film Production & Photography!
UWTSD received some excellent results in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020.
- 1st in the UK for ‘Course & Lecturers’, having won the award in 2019 also
- 1st in the UK for ‘Accommodation’
- 9th in the UK for ‘Student Support’
- 4th in the UK for ‘University of the Year’
“Love it here! Great facilities and good support from tutors”
Complete University Guide
The Complete University Guide produce annual league tables and rankings by university and subject.
UWTSD received some excellent rankings in the Complete University Guide 2021; the highlights were:
- An increase by 11 places overall from 2020
- 12th in the UK for student satisfaction
- 8th in the UK and 1st in Wales for Art & Design.
The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide
The Times & Sunday Times rankings provide the information to allow students to make an informed choice about their higher education.
UWTSD ranked 7th in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching quality in the 2021 results and joint 12th for UK for Art & Design.
New Designer Awards 2020
Zoe Noakes (Surface Pattern Design) won the Colour in Design Award.
Marianne Shillingham, Creative Director of Dulux commented: "Zoe you make life better with colour"
- an incredible endorsement from such an influential figure in the Design World who has so much impact on all of our lives through colour.
Grace Exley (Surface Pattern Design) won the Wilko Retail Design Award.
The judges commented that they chose her for her great colour ability, her impressive designs fitting the handwriting for their brand and customers.
Heather Kelman was also shortlisted for Harlequin alongside Jessica Thomas, who was shortlisted for the Creative Conscience New Designer of the Year Award.
Both are staying on at Swansea College of Art to study for their Master’s in Surface Pattern Design.
Read more about the New Designer Awards 2020