Dr Tracy Cruickshank
Assistant Dean (Quality and Enhancement)
Assistant Dean (Quality and Enhancement). My role sits across Birmingham and London.
I began my academic career at The University of Nottingham where I completed my PhD (in Language and Performance). Prior to joining UWTSD I held academic and leadership positions at De Montfort University (2004 - 2019) and Coventry University (2019 - 2022). I was, additionally, a guest lecturer in British Drama and Performance at the University of Science and Technology (USTB), Beijing (2016 – 2021).
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Representations of Space and Place in Contemporary British Drama
- Stylistics and Drama
- Ensemble working in performance and pedagogic practice
External Examiner appointments:
- BA (Hons) Acting, and MA Directing, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts, London, 2020 - present
- BA (Hons) Acting, Court Theatre Training, Courtyard Theatre (University of Buckinghamshire), 2019 – 2022
- BA (Hons) Drama, University of South Wales, 2015 - 2018
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Performance Practice, School of Arts, University Centre Doncaster (University of Hull), 2011 - 2015
- Ordinary Member of the Standing Committee of University Drama Departments (2017-2020)
- Treasurer of the Standing Committee of University Drama Departments (2020 – present)