Principal Admissions Officer
As Principal Admissions Officer I lead the Birmingham Admissions Team. Admissions are responsible for supporting potential students through all parts of the application process included but not limited to:
- Ensuring admissions sessions are scheduled to ensure targets are met for each intake of the Birmingham Campus;
- Working with our partners/agents providing information, support and training to them;
- Managing admissions sessions, including directing and guiding applicants and supporting admissions tutors;
- Working directly with applicants to ensure that they have adequate guidance and information throughout the application process;
- Leading on the operational delivery of new student enrolment;
- Providing appropriate processes for guiding applicants through their Student Finance England applications, including providing basic advice and signposting to relevant University departments;
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive applicant records and ensuring all accepted students are appropriately logged in the University systems;
- Taking every opportunity to encourage a team approach across campuses in order to establish and maintain uniform admissions processes across UWTSD wherever possible;
- Undertaking administrative duties identified by line managers commensurate with the level of the post.
I started BA Business Management (Hons) at MMU, as I have always had a passion for Business and helping others. I started working in Education over ten years ago firstly in Further Education College before moving to the Admissions team at another Birmingham University. I joined UWTSD Birmingham in August 2018 originally based in Sparkhill before moving to Quay Place in January 2020.