Nursing, Health and Social Care
Work Placements are integral features of all the degrees and lead students into employment.
This series of programmes offer students the opportunity to study subject areas relevant to their chosen career aspirations. The various programmes of study provide students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to enter the health sector and allied workforce.
The programmes include strong links with the health and social care sector and include a range of placements and health industry internships giving students first hand experience.
On the Carmarthen Campus, we offer the following undergraduate programme:
- Dip HE Nursing Studies and Health
- BSc Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle
On the Swansea Campuses, we offer the following undergraduate programme:
- BSc Health and Care of Children and Young People
- BSc Health Management
- BSc Health and Social Care
We offer the following HND programmes:
We also offer a foundation programme:
Why Study Here
1. Vocational relevance is a strong theme underpinning all degrees and students are strongly encouraged to gain additional experience and qualifications to support their career aspirations.
2. Work placements and volunteering with various agencies begins in the very first term and is developed further throughout the various programmes often as an optional or compulsory module.
3. there is also an opportunity to undertake an International exchange for six months in the USA (North Carolina or California) or Norway during the second year and in Swansea, Sports Management students have opportunities for various international placements.
4. Free access to the Health Suite, Sports-hall and Swimming Pool to support degree interests.