The retail industry continues to grow and diversify amid an environment of global change.
This programme is designed for anyone working, or anticipating working, within any retail industry; High Street, Banking, Car Sales, Supermarkets etc.
Whether you are currently in a management role, or aspiring to develop your career into a retail management setting, this programme will give you the knowledge, skills and competencies required.
The aim of the programme is to develop your skills, competence and confidence as a retail manager through participating in these industry-led modules.
Managing Retail for Growth is available through a blended learning approach. This means that students will attend online learning and tutorials and will be given the opportunity to attend a conference throughout the year.
We welcome and encourage applicants who are working within the industry, but this is not a requirement of the course.
Pathway Options and How to Apply
For Further details, contact Managing Retail for Growth Admissions Tutor Laura James: email@example.com
This course is advertised as ‘subject to validation’ to make you aware that the course you are looking at may not yet be finalised, or is undergoing changes.
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day Request Information
Why choose this course
- Be part of a forward-thinking learning community that will shape the future of retail
- Develop your skills in retail management to enhance your employability
- Benefit from academic staff who have significant experience in the industry
- Join a programme that offers excellent pastoral support through online and face to face means
- Study Retail Management to grow your team and develop your career.
What you will learn
If you are ready to advance your future in retail management and develop growth for the industry then this programme is the platform you need.
The Managing Retail for Growth programme offers you the opportunity to develop your ability to respond to the changing retail environment through industry centred modules.
As a Managing Retail for Growth student, you will be led by motivated and supportive staff who have significant experience in managing for growth. Through our innovative teaching approach you will join be encouraged to work with your learning community through practical work-based activities.
Managing Retail for Growth has the following aims:
- To increase students’ understanding of retail management for growth purposes through both customer centric and organisational performance methods
- To provide continuous professional development for those already working in the retail management industry or to provide an introductory qualification for those who aspire to make a career in the field
- To provide the knowledge and skills to understand, analyse and develop growth within the retail sector environment.
- To prepare students for future challenges within the retail sector
- To prepare students for further study
Level 4 Modules:
- Learning in the Digital Era
- Managing The Sales Force
- Customer Relationship Management
- Contemporary Challenges Making a Difference
- Ethical Sales
- Target Sales Analysis.
The programme is assessed through a variety of methods, both academically and practically and are designed to advance the students level of problem-solving, understanding and critical thinking skills.
Assessments within the programme are often linked to industry examples and opportunities for practical activities which encourage learning through formative assessment are given throughout the programme.
We welcome applications from individuals who want to further their career within a retail management environment and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
We consider applicants based on their skills and experiences and not solely on academic achievements.
For applicants under 21 years of age, we require one A-Level or NVQ level 3. Other awards including Edexcel awards, as well as a range of other certificates at this level from UK, EU and International bodies are accepted.
By studying Managing Retail for Growth, you will achieve the skills and understanding of how to effectively manage a team to promote growth in the retail sector.
The programme engages with industry case studies and the conference events will encourage students to engage with guest lecturers to enrich their experience.
We strongly believe that retail managers need to be equipped for a changing future environment and this programme will help equip you with the confidence and tools to adapt and diversify your techniques.
Successful graduates are given the opportunity to apply for Level 5 entry to BA Leadership and Management (Skills for The Workplace).
Although some students do wish to invest in additional materials for modules, such as books etc., it is possible to complete this programme with no additional costs.
The University has an excellent online library which enables all of our students to get access to many resources with no extra cost.
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit our Scholarships and Bursaries section to find out more.