Compliance and Risk
Welcome to the compliance and risk area of Corporate Services.
The main responsibilities of the function include:
- Providing initial legal guidance to internal staff needing to create legal agreements, and
- Matters pertaining to Risk, Business Continuity, Charity Commission, Companies House compliance;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing requirements (this does not include IT software licensing);
- Compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2005 (FOI), and the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, including producing and maintaining the University's Publication Scheme; Records Management procedures, producing the University’s Record Retention Schedule, guidance and policies;
- Management of the SMU Archive which housed on the Swansea Campus.
This function is led by Paul Osborne (email Paul or contact him on Swansea 4180). Paul leads on initial legal guidance and the creation of legal agreements, freedom of information, data protection and the University's publication scheme.