Why Study Religion at UWTSD?
Understandably, Religion and Theology are deeply embedded in the University's history. There is a long tradition of excellence in teaching as well as a distinguished reputation in scholarship, research and publication. While rooted in an area which is rich in religious heritage, out programmes encompass a variety of topics which provide insights into the religious diversity of the twenty-first century world.
Modules are designed to stimulate curiosity about, and fascination for, the variety of religious cultures across the globe and to open up a greater awareness of the considerable pluarlity within religious traditions and in the world at large.
Students will have the opportunity to visit places of worship and other sites of significance for the study of religion, as well as the chance to engage, at first-hand, with multiple cultures and religions.
Our Course on the Lampeter Campus
- BA Religious Studies with Applied Psychology
- BA Religious Studies with Education Studies
- BA Religious Studies with Islamic Studies
- BA Religion, Ethics and Applied Psychology
- BA Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
- BA Religion, Theology and Ethics
- BA Religion, Theology and Philosophy
One-year Graduate Diploma
We also offer a number of postgraduate programmes including:
- MA Biblical Interpretation
- MA Islamic Studies
- MA Study of Religions
- MTh Christian Theology
- MTh Church History
- MRes Biblical Interpretation
- MRes Islamic Studies
- MRes Religious Experience
- MRes Study of Religions