Student IT Service Desk FAQs
- How do I setup my UWTSD IT account to access Moodle & Email?
- I have forgotten my username or password?
- What is Moodle and how do I use it?
- I am missing Modules on Moodle – how do I get these added?
- What is my email address?
- How do I access the University Student Email System?
- How do I get support for general IT issues?
- My Personal Laptop/PC/Mac is broken, can you fix it?
- Can I forward my email from my University account to another email account (e.g. Hotmail)?
- How do I connect to the Wireless Network?
- I have a games console; will I be able to go online in my room?
- I have a smartphone; can I access my University Email account on it?
- How do I Print?
Once you've enrolled, your UWTSD IT account will be automatically created for you and the details will be emailed to your personal email address. If you haven't enolled, you won’t be able to logon to computers on our campuses, have access to your free Microsoft Email account with 50GB storage or logon to Moodle to access online resources and teaching materials.
Once you have enrolled you will receive a confirmation email to your home email address (as given to us when you applied). On receipt of this email you can follow the steps in the email to access UWTSD IT resources.
If you have already got an IT account but can’t login to your email/Moodle/Computers on campus as you have forgotten your username or password, then please follow the guidelines below.
Username: this will be your unique student number and is usually 7 digits long (e.g. 0101010) It is worth noting that on your Student ID card your student number is preceded by 20 and ends with a random digit. To obtain your student number from your card simply remove the “20” from the beginning and also the last digit. In the example below the student number (username) would be 1109876.
Please note below how you use your username to access the key services:
- Moodle (https://moodle.uwtsd.ac.uk) – the username is just your student number e.g. 0101010
- Email – the username is your full email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computers on-campus –the username is just your student number e.g. 0101010
To reset your password visit our Password Reset Portal.
Moodle is a Virtual Learning Environment which provides resources, information and interactive activities to support your learning. Additionally you can use Moodle to keep in touch with your fellow students through online discussion forums and chat spaces. Moodle can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection.
To access Moodle visit https://moodle.uwtsd.ac.uk and logon with your username and password.
The likely reason is you are that you are not fully enrolled on the module that is missing. To resolve this you should contact Registry, you can do this either in person or via email / telephone who will check if there is any missing information and complete your module enrolment.
|Telephone:||Carmarthen Campus: 01267 676716|
|Lampeter Campus: 01570 424831|
|London Campus: 01267 676848|
|Swansea Campus: 01792 481061|
If, after completing this process, you are still unable to view all your modules please contact the Moodle Team email@example.com.
Remember: when contacting any services you must quote your student number and the names and / or codes of the modules that are missing
Your email address is your student number (usually 7 digits) followed by @student.uwtsd.ac.uk
Simply open a web browser and enter: www.outlook.com/uwtsd.ac.uk
Or alternatively, visit our Online Guides go to About ITS > Quick Links and click on the ‘Check your Email’ link.
You can contact the IT Service Desk Team by calling 0300 500 5055, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting your campus Service Desk.
Office hours are:
Monday to Thursday – 08.45–17:00; Friday 08.45–16.30
Our telephone support service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You can also visit the following website for further information and guides: Help and Support
Unfortunately we can’t, Information Services staff are not covered to work on personal equipment. We can however give you some advice on what you need to do next to resolve your issue.
Yes you can.
- After you sign in to your email, click Options (top right)> See all Options
- Click Forward your email option on right hand side
- Under “Forward my email to” at bottom of page enter the address you want your mail sent to
- If you want a copy of forwarded emails to remain in your @student.uwtsd.ac.uk account then make sure Keep a copy of forwarded messages in Outlook Web App option is ticked
- Click Start Forwarding to save your settings
- You can return to these options and select Stop Forwarding if you want to stop forwarding emails
When on campus the wireless network you need to connect to is eduroam. To connect you will need to enter your student email address and password.
For more information on connecting to our wireless networks please visit our dedicated wireless information page.
Yes, you will need to contact the IT Service Desk quoting your Game consoles Mac address to obtain access.
- Visit webhelp.uwtsd.ac.uk
- From the 'Request Type' category select either 'Wired Connectivity' or 'Wireless Connectivity' then select 'Use Games Console on Halls Wired/Wireless Network'
- Follow the on-screen instructions providing all the requested information
Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and we will confirm once your device is connected.
Yes – we have a number of online guides showing you how to connect your student email account to a smart phone.
UWTSD uses Multi-Functional Devices (MFDs) which all have print, copy and scan functions available in full colour or black and white.
To use the service you will need your Student ID Card or your University username and password and credit in your print/copy/scan account. When logged on to any of the on-campus PCs you will automatically be connected to the Print queue:
Print, Copy and Scan - University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Print_Argraffu – The default printer is set to duplex printing and Black/White however you can change these settings in the printer properties.
Once you send a print to the above print queue you can then visit any of the MFDs on campus and release the print job by swiping your card to access the MFD. Further detailed information on printing as well as using the MFDs for copying and scanning can be found on our dedicated Printing webpage.
Whether you’re graduating this summer or returning in the autumn, here is some helpful information about your IT account and registration.
Graduating this Summer?
Information for students leaving the University this summer.
Your IT account
You will be able to access your University account for 90 days after you finish your course. After that, it will be disabled. To make sure you’re not caught out, check that you’re prepared:
- Forward any important emails to your personal account
- If you signed up for Facebook or another external site with your University email, add another address to your profile to make sure you continue to receive all your alerts and reminders
Setting up an automatic email response
You can set up an automatic response on your Office 365 account to advise people who mail you that your account will close down. This will last until your account is deleted:
- On the menu bar at the top right corner click the Cog icon then click Options
- On the right hand side select Out of Office Assistant
- Select the option on the right Set up and automatic reply message
- Click the check box Send automatic replies then type your message in the top box
- If you have e-mail contacts external to the University, tick the Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organisation box, choose Send replies to all external senders and enter an appropriate message for your external contacts in the bottom box
- Click the Save icon at the bottom of the screen
Transfer files from your U: drive to a computer outside the University by:
- Copying them to USB flash drive or CD
- Emailing files as attachments from your University email account to your personal email account
Office 365 Skydrive/OneDrive Documents
Transfer files from your Office 365 account to another account:
- Manually saving them from your Office 365 account to a PC and uploading them to another account with Office 365 access
- Alternatively save the files to a PC/USB Flash drive/CD for storage
Returning in the autumn?
Information for students returning to the University this autumn.
Your IT account
University account passwords can sometimes be tricky to remember over the summer break and if you can’t remember it you could lose access to some of our key services. We recommend you register with our Password Reset Portal where you can simply reset your password when needed.
If you require further assistance visit the contact us section for details of how to get in touch and we will reset your password for you.
Your Student Card
If you provided a photo prior to the Welcome Weekend event, you'll be able to collect your ID card at the Welcome Weekend. If you're unable to provide a photo, we can take a photo during the event for you.
If you've provided a photo but are unable to attend the event, you can collect your ID card from your campus library.
If you haven't yet provided a photo, please visit your campus IT Service Desk.
Replacement ID Cards
If you’ve lost or misplaced your ID card, you’ll need to purchase a replacement. To purchase a replacement card you need to;
- Go to the Finance Online Store
- - Select ‘Product Catalogue’
- - Select ‘Student Payments’
- - Add ‘Replacement ID Card’ to the basket and pay.
- Or visit the Finance Department and pay by cash or card. The Finance Desk is open 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
- If payment has been made using the online store, a receipt is automatically sent to you and ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk
- If you pay directly with the Finance department, the Finance Department will issue you with a receipt.
- Once you present a copy of your receipt to your campus IT Service Desk, a replacement card will be issued to you.
Software & Hardware for new term
We have a range of free and heavily discounted software packages including free Microsoft Office 2016 along with access to some great discounts for buying hardware. Visit our IT Exclusives page for more information.