Top 10 Things to Do in Lampeter
1. Explore one of Wales’ most beautiful counties, Ceredigion.
2. Take one of the many breathtaking walks around the area.
3. Find a special gift, or a tasty treat, at one of the town's many independent retailers, cafes and restaurants.
4. Delve into history from the National Trust’s Dolaucothi Gold Mines and Cadw’s Strata Florida Abbey to Lampeter’s own museum.
5. Visit some of the best fishing villages and beaches - the coast is just a stone’s throw away.
6. Discover the outdoors, from magnificent mountains, to lush forests and wild rivers.
7. Experience a true sense of the changing seasons with an intensity you don't get in the cities.
8. Be inspired by the creativity at Lampeter’s Quilt Centre and Nantyfelin Pottery.
9. Dance the night away in Lampeter’s Victoria Hall.
10. Enjoy Lampeter's social life by visiting the high street's many independent pubs.
Student & family benefits
Oldy comfortable pub serving delicious home-cooked food with accommodating rooms; Double £50, Twin £55 or Single £40.
Haulfan Bed & Breakfast
Located in the centre of town, opposite the historic University, Haulfan is the perfect place to stay on a visit to Lampeter. We are on a quiet residential road, you will find plenty of parking right outside the house. There are 4 guest rooms available. All our rooms have complimentary toiletries, fresh towels, welcome trays, kettles, TV’s and hairdryers. The beds are of superior comfort, so you can be confident of a good night’s sleep.
Pub with 4 en-suite rooms, food served from 12-9 pm, Disco every Saturday night.
The Falcondale is an impressive hotel & restaurant in Ceredigion. Nestled in the Teifi Valley, hidden away a mile outside the University of Lampeter.
10% off B&B: Offer code: "University"
The Grannell Hotel
The Grannell Hotel, Llanwnnen offers a beautiful setting to relax and enjoy our stunning dishes, real ale or teapot cocktails and offers rooms for bed and breakfast.
Monthly live music, homemade pizzas, delicious fish specials, a weekly Sunday roast and are dog-friendly in our bar. We also have a dog-friendly room in our accommodation.
Artisan’s Food and Drink Boutique
Contemporary vintage style deli/coffee shop. Ideal for relaxing and chilling out. Home-cooked foods, cakes, speciality coffee and Welsh tea.
Café located in Lampeter, offering traditional homemade food. Car park located around 100 yards from the Café.
We want to give you a big warm welcome to Granny's Kitchen in Lampeter. We invite you to come and enjoy the surroundings and excellent service in which we take great pride. Great food and beverages both hot and cold. Granny's Kitchen also provides disabled toilets and baby changing facilities and FREE WiFi.
Town Hall Café Deli
Fresh Union hand-roasted coffee, daily prepared meals, selections of meats and cheeses from the deli counter and shelves packed full of local produce.
Café set in the heart of Lampeter since the early 1940s, quirky, comfortable café serving food, drinks and world-renowned ice cream.
Ling Di Long:
Chinese restaurant serving a range of Asian dishes. 15% every Wednesday on takeaway for students with cash payment. All you can eat from £18.99 every day.
Mulberry Bush Wholefoods
Vegetarian/Vegan café serving delicious home-cooked food and cakes.
Indian restaurant right opposite the University.
The Mustard Seed
Christian Cafe and gift shop on College Street. A large restaurant area with plenty of space serving a variety of food and drink. Also has an outdoor patio area which is available when weather permits.
J H Roberts, Electrical Retailers
For all your electrical appliances.
Mulberry Bush Wholefoods
Hundreds of marvellous vegetarian wholefood lines with nutritional supplements, herbal remedies, homoeopathic, organic wines & beers, homebrew. Hair dyes, household products & cosmetics. Fresh fruit & vegetables. Chilled and frozen goods.
Watson & Pratt’s
Based in Lampeter, West Wales, Watson & Pratt's is an independent food shop and much more. Comprising the shop, our own bakery, wholesale of organic fruit and vegetables, and a home delivery service throughout Mid and South Wales.
Creative Cove offers supplies for all your study and crafting needs, plus inks and maps.
10% off as a registered student.