Our Lampeter campus sits at the heart of the town and can be easily accessed by foot, bike or bus.
Useful Travel Links
- Traveline Cymru - Information on planning your journey, by bus, coach or train
- National Rail Enquiries - Britain's Rail Network
- National Express - Britain's Coach Network
- Local Bus Timetables - First Cymru (T1)
- AA Route Planner - Great Britain
Walking to our campus is a great way to keep healthy and also saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
You can use Traveline Cymru’s Walk Planner to help you plan your route.
Our Lampeter campus can be easily accessed from National Cycle Network Route 82 and there are plenty of places for you to lock your bike on campus.
If you are driving to our Lampeter campus the postcode is SA48 7ED.
Parking on our Lampeter campus is managed by Euro Car Parks and you will need a parking permit or to Pay By Phone, in order to park your car on campus. Car Park Locations
Pay By Phone
If you choose to park on campus without a permit, then you will need to Pay by Phone. Please see the signage in the car park for details and information on how to Pay by Phone.
The following charges are applicable:
- Up to 30 minutes – Free to allow time for drop-off e.g. assignments or taking children to the crèche
- Up to 4 hours - £1.50
- 4 hours to 8 hours - £2.50
Our campuses have great public transport links. Please see our Bus, Train and Bike sections above for more information on reaching our campus by public transport. If you do need to drive to our campus, you will need to Pay by Phone on your arrival.
In order to ensure a practical parking management solution, spaces on campus are divided into zones as shown on the Lampeter Parking Maps. These include-
Designated Areas for:
- staff (with a staff permit)
- blue-badge holders (marked in the car parks)
- residential students (free to park with a student permit)
- day (non-residential) student parking areas (free to park with a student permit)
and Shared areas for:
- staff and visitors who are required to pay for their space either via staff permit or pay and display / pay-by-phone
The nearest train stations to our Lampeter campus are;
Carmarthen – regular trains run from most major cities and towns; Swansea, Carmarthen, Lampeter, Haverford West, Pembroke Dock.
Aberystwyth – regular trains run from Birmingham and Shrewsbury.
From Carmarthen and Aberystwyth, you can catch one of the regular buses that run to Lampeter. Details on the bus services can be found above under our ‘Bus’ section.
Cardiff International Airport is less than a two-hour drive from our Lampeter campus, or alternatively, the T9 bus travels between the Airport and Cardiff every 20 minutes and from there you can catch the T1C bus to Lampeter.
The Megabus run regular services between London’s international airports and Lampeter.