Academic Liaison Librarian
- BA (Hons) English Literature (Bangor)
- PG Diploma Library and Information Management (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals)
- WHELF (Wales Higher Education Libraries Forum) Copyright Group
- ARLIS (Art Libraries Society)
I provide specialist support for the learning and teaching activities of the Faculty of Art and Design at Dynefor Campus, Swansea. As part of the Academic Liaison Team I develop curriculum focused digital and information literacy skills, provide resources support, and advice for the design, planning, validation, delivery and review of Faculty courses and programmes.
I support students and staff in the use of library resources including the use of academic databases, accessing online resources, search skills, and literature searching via taught sessions, one-to-one appointments, drop-in or email.
I am also responsible for offering copyright support for staff and students.
I joined Swansea Institute (now UWTSD) in 2003 as the Assistant Librarian for the Business School. I became the Academic Liaison Librarian for the Faculty of Art and Design in 2016.
My professional interests include literacies and learning, copyright, and student support.