UWTSD students and staff sometimes need to borrow books, use collections for reference or just have a quiet place to study or work nearer where you live.
Who can join?
- Academic staff on open or fixed term contracts.
- Postgraduate research students registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification.
- Part-time, distance learning and placement students.
- Full-time Postgraduate.
Types of access allowed
- All University Staff - Borrowing access
- Research Postgraduates (PhD, MPhil or similar qualification) - Borrowing access
- Taught Postgraduates (Masters or Certificate level qualification) - Borrowing access
- Part-Time and Distance Learning Undergraduates (Registered on courses running for at least 1 year) - Borrowing access
- Full-Time Undergraduates - Reference only access
How to apply for access
- To be eligible to apply, your account must have no overdue loans or unpaid fines. Please ensure that all overdue books are returned and all fines paid prior to making your application to join
- For the online application process, you will need to provide details of your UWTSD University email address as well as the Library number which appears on your UWTSD University Card
- Apply online via the SCONUL Access website
- Once your application has been accepted, print out the email verification document you will receive
- You only need to submit one application form for the SCONUL access scheme
- You will need to register at each library you want to visit. It is always best to check what the requirements are at the library in question before your first visit, as some libraries will require a passport photo, for example. The library you are visiting will generally issue you with a library pass so that you can borrow books or gain reference access until your SCONUL Access membership expires. Also please check parking arrangements at each campus you would like to visit. Some libraries participating in the SCONUL Access scheme may also apply their own restrictions, including periods of the year when SCONUL Access members may not visit or may not register, so contact the library in advance of setting out on any potential visit
- You will need to take with you the email verification document you have received and printed out, as well as your UWTSD University ID Card, which carries your Library number
- For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org