Who is it aimed at?
Year 1 / Level 4 (but can be adjusted for any student who is new to using the library catalogue).
Duration: 1 Hour
The aim of this session is to illustrate the importance of using academically creditable information in assignments and to demonstrate how the library catalogue can help in finding, saving, organising and retrieving such information.
By the end of the session the student will be able to:
- Evaluate academic information
- Understand the advantages of using the library catalogue
- Find printed books, eBooks and peer reviewed articles
- Save, organise and retrieve relevant information
- Locate where to ask for help