Who is it aimed at?
Year 1 / Level 4 (but suitable for anyone unfamiliar with the UWTSD referencing styles)
Duration: 1 hour
The aim of this session is to introduce students to the appropriate referencing style used by their school. They will be taught the importance of acknowledging their sources and producing accurate, consistent citations, as well as being shown practical examples to reinforce their knowledge and learning.
By the end of the session the student will be able to:
- Locate and navigate the Referencing Handbook
- Understand how to reference from a variety of sources
- Know the difference between paraphrasing and quoting from a source
- Know how to create a reference list
- Understand what plagiarism is and how to avoid it