Members of the public or visiting staff or students can access a selection of our electronic resources using the walk-in access Wales scheme.
The service is available on dedicated computers in our Carmarthen, Lampeter and Swansea campuses; please check our opening hours before you visit. Users will need to register to use the service, please bring along one of the following forms of identification:
- Passport/ EU National Identity card
- UK driver’s licence
- Benefit card or book
- Utility bill
- Bank or credit card statement
- NUS or student ID Card
Once you have registered you will then be granted access to the electronic resources. Please note you can only search for content within individual resources, not the service as a whole.
- To use this service you must comply with copyright laws as set out in the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988 and comply with the provisions of all current UK laws.
- To abide by the University’s Acceptable Use Policy
- You may only access e-resources from one of the dedicated computer terminals in the libraries.
- You can search within each e-resource, but we do not subscribe to all content in each resource.
- Access to e-resources may be withdrawn at any time.
You may not:
- Use the service for commercial or business purposes.
- Share any materials accessed from the University’s e-resource collections or download excessive content. Users may save single copies of e-resource content to a portable storage device such as a USB stick, provided that the amount copied constitutes ‘fair dealing’ for research and private study.
- Access any sites, software or applications (such as Microsoft Office or email) outside this service from this terminal.
ACM Digital Library
The ACM Digital Library is the full-text repository of papers from publications that have been published, co-published, or co-marketed by Association for Computing Machinery and includes journals, conference proceedings, technical magazines, newsletters and books.
ACLS Humanities E-books
Searchable full-text of over 800 books in several fields of history. These are frequently cited works of major importance to historical studies.
Over 1.2 million images from museums, galleries, private collections and contemporary artists.
Brill Reference Works/ Classical World Online
Provides access to New Jacoby, the Jacoby Online (Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker), the New Pauly (encyclopedia of the classical world) and the Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum online (catalogue of new inscriptions published).
British Newspapers 1600-1900
A significant digital collection of British historic newspapers.
Early English Books Online
Contains digital facsimile page images of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America and works in English printed elsewhere from1473-1700 - from the first book printed in English by William Caxton, through the age of Spenser and Shakespeare and the tumult of the English Civil War.
- Academic Search Premier
- Art & Architecture Source
- ATLA Religion Database/ ATLA Serials
- Business Source Complete
- Education Source
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete
- Humanities Source
- Teacher Reference Center
IEET/ IET Electronic Library
Provides full text access to the world's highest quality technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics
John Johnson Collection
Provides access to fully searchable colour images of 65,000 items from the Bodleian Library's John Johnson Collection of Printed Ephemera, offering unique insights into the changing nature of everyday life in the eighteenth, nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Full-text journal archive service providing access to complete back runs of all the scholarly journals currently available in JSTOR. Recent volumes are excluded, usually the last 3-5 years.
19th Century British Library Newspapers
Provides access to national, regional, and local 19th century British newspapers.
Oxford University Press publications
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
- Oxford Journals
- Oxford Journals Archive
- Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- British Periodicals
- Performing Arts Periodicals Database
- Periodicals Archives Online
- ProQuest Dissertation & Theses: UK & Ireland
- UK Parliamentary Papers
Access to thousands of journals articles and book chapters published by Elsevier on subjects such as Physical Sciences & Engineering, Life Sciences, Health Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities.
17th & 18th Century Burney Collection
Provides access to the newspapers and news pamphlets gathered by the Reverend Charles Burney (1757-1817).
Times Digital Archive
The complete digital archive of The Times (London).