Facilities Management (FM) is one of the fastest-growing professions within the UK providing a holistic, integrated approach to the delivery and management of property and associated support services; enabling both the organisation and individual to proactively and effectively manage assets, contents and components for the benefit of the users.
Property and Facilities Management (MSc)
Apply Now Scholarships and Bursaries Request Information
Why choose this course
- A supportive learning environment, with personal attention afforded to all students.
- A successful and enjoyable learning experience is at the very core of our vision to produce first-class professionals with high employability skills.
- We are situated in an urban/maritime environment very close to Britain’s first designated ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ and with many interesting buildings and cultural facilities nearby.
- As class sizes are generally less than 15, this engenders a culture and environment that listens to and supports individual student needs.
- Our teaching is informed by research in subjects that extend right across our portfolio, suitably supplemented by external experts from around the world.
- We believe in engaging with employers to develop, deliver and review courses that enhance our graduate’s employability credentials in a manner that is central to our vision for students, the city and region.
What you will learn
The course offers a stimulating part-time pathway, allowing flexibility for individuals with responsibilities and commitments, to progress to Master’s level within the field of: Facilities, Property and Asset Management. The programme is modular, containing both core and elective options within Part One and a Dissertation; generally work related, in Part Two. The latter is often completed remotely but with full workplace support being provided by an experienced supervision team and specialist University support staff.
This is the only post-graduate F.M. related qualification offered within an educational establishment in Wales and the south-west of England. The programme is eminently suited to those working within or aspiring towards a senior management position, addresses cutting edge, strategic and operational issues that impact upon estates, property, facilities and corporate business services. The current mode of attendance for Part One occurs at the SA1 campus in Swansea, generally taking place on a Wednesday afternoon, between 2.00pm and 8.00pm.
- Building Maintenance and Asset Management
- Building Services and Energy Performance in Buildings
- Energy and Resource Management
- Management of the Integrated Working Environment
- Strategic Property, Finance and Procurement
- Research Methods and Professional Development
Assessment is via industry related case study based assignments, some formal examinations, presentations to panels and a dissertation that can be very closely focussed to the candidate’s current employment or area of career aspiration.
Study Environmental Conservation at UWTSD
Candidates are interviewed and come to this programme from a diverse range of backgrounds; possibly, an Honours degree or higher, in a facilities, property, built environment or business management related discipline offers the more suitable entry, but candidates with considerable practical experience and/or other relevant technical or professional qualifications are actively encouraged to apply and will be interviewed and mentored on a personal basis. Consideration will also be given where prior learning or experience exists at this level.
Most candidates are employed full-time and a number of students past and present have gained considerable career enhancements, as a consequence of their formal studies with the University. Candidates work for major international PLCs, central and local government funded bodies/agencies, social housing, education and health-care.
There are no additional costs for this course.
The Course team are currently pursuing accreditation via the CIOB and RICS; two of the leading Professional Institutions within the property and construction sphere whilst excellent relationships exist with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), Chartered Institute of Housing and Asset Skills.