Timi Isaac O’Neill
I am the Programme Manager for the Doctorate of Professional Practice in Art and Design (Prof Doc) and MA in Art and Design at UWTSD's Swansea College of Art.
My current academic research, which is practice-based, delves into the captivating realm of desire and seduction within the field of artificial intelligence and immersive technology, guided by the insightful perspective of Jean-Paul Sartre. By adopting Sartre's philosophical lens, It explores the intricate interplay between human emotions and advanced technological systems. This research, which combines theoretical exploration with practical application, aims to culminate in an exhibition. Through this exhibition, I intend to showcase the profound implications of AI and immersive technology on human experience, highlighting questions about agency, authenticity, and the nature of desire in our increasingly technologically mediated world.
Tel: +44 (0)1792 481221
Full academic profile
- An Autoethnographic Study of Co-Creating a Script with Artificial Intelligence Whilst Walking Through Père Lachaise Commentary: The Asian Conference on Media, Communication and Film (MediAsia2023); October 2023
- 'Negotiating Reality: Hermeneutic Interpretations of Meaning in Immersive Narratives and Their Implications for Art and Design Education' – Barcelona Conference on Education; September 2023
- Documenting the Effectiveness of a Storyteller/Researcher in Achieving Presence in Immersive Environments – Nexus 2023; (June 2023 )
- Documenting the Effectiveness of a Storyteller/Researcher in Achieving Presence in Immersive Environments – The Paris Conference on Education; June 2023
- 'Storytelling as a decolonising pedagogy for teaching Chinese art and design students', The Asian Conference on Education; 2022
- The Paris Conference on Art and Humanities; June 2022
- Wales NEXUS Conference (annual learning and teaching conference); 2022
- Wales NEXUS Conference (annual learning and teaching conference); March 2016
- Hidden Pleasures Contemporary Performance Practices, UWTSD annual conference; 2015
- Swansea College of art Fringe Festival October; 2015
- ‘Hidden Pleasures' Contemporary Performance Practices, UWTSD annual conference; 2014
- O’Neill,T Historical trauma and imprisonment in Samuel Beckett’s short prose in Writing from the Margins: The Aesthetics of Disruption in the Irish Short Story ed by Dr. C.Ryan (Cambridge Scholars, 2015)
- O’Neill, T Is Marx Relevant today?
- O’Neill, T Foucault, and the cyber Panopticon