UWTSD Home - Institutes and Academies - Institute of Management and Health - Institute of Management and Health Staff - Dr. Badir Miftah
Dr. Badir Miftah BSc, MSc, PhD
- Lecturer in Finance
- Management Accounting
- Finance for Business Manager
- Finance for Business
- Accounting for Business
- Principle of Finance
- Principle of Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Analytics
- Financial Modelling
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Asset Pricing
- Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG)
I have extensive teaching, examining and supervision experience at higher education institution in the UK (UWTSD and Swansea University) and internationally (Sabha and Almergib Universities, Libya). In my current post at UWTSD I am teaching corporate reporting, financial statement analysis, finance for business managers, and digital data analysis. At Swansea University, I was responsible for teaching and examining various modules, such as Financial Statement Analysis, Finance for Business, Management Accounting (investment appraisal for long term decisions and relevant costs for short-term decisions), and Accounting for Business.
In previous work for Sabha University, I taught various modules, including Corporate Finance, Principles of Finance, Principles of Banking and Quantitative Methods for Business and Finance. Furthermore, in Almergib University, I was responsible for designing, teaching, and examining the Financial Risk Management module. In terms of administration, I can contribute to the department by acting as model coordinator for undergraduate and postgraduate finance modules and by engaging in designing research activity and seminars.
- ‘Sovereign credit default swaps pricing model’
- Miftah, B., Realdon, M., and Upreti, V. ‘Forecasting Sovereign Prices’. Financial Review. [ABS 3-Star]. [under review]
- Miftah, B. ‘Pricing Sovereign credit default swaps: covering 10 countries in the Eurozone and Latin America'.
- Miftah, B. ‘What are the determinants of sovereign credit default swaps spread: covering 19 countries in the Eurozone and Latin America and including macroeconomic factors'.
- Miftah, B. ‘Linking executive pay to ESG in the Eurozone countries'. Target Journal [ABS 3-Star].
- Miftah, B. 'Sovereign CDS Pricing Models' (Young Finance Scholars’ Conference) 13-14 June 2019. University of Sussex.
- Miftah, B. 'Sovereign CDS pricing models' (School of Management Postgraduate Research Conference) 1st May 2019. Swansea University.