Miss Beth Tearle BA
Lecturer in Model Making & Scenic Art
- Level 4- Model Making and Scenic Art
- Level 5- Design Realisation
Trained in Theatre Design and Production at Trinity College now UWTSD
- Worked for West Glamorgan Youth Theatre Company: Workshop Leader in Theatre Design/Residential Youth Worker
- Became a Part‐time Scenic Art Lecturer at Trinity College now UWTSD – BA Theatre Design and Production
- Worked for PGL Activity Centre: Group Leader/Multi‐Activity Instructor
- Became a Part‐time Performing Arts Tutor at Gorseinon College now Swansea Gower ‐ BTEC National in Production
- Worked as a freelance Set Designer and Scenic Artist for a number of companies including: The Wyvern Youth Theatre, The Torch Theatre Company and The Festival Players Theatre Company
- Currently work for Shakespeare Schools Festival: Venue Manage
- Currently a member of Headstrong Theatrical Services – Freelance Scenic Art carried out for Theatre Na Nog, Boomerang/S4C, Spectacle Theatre Company, RTC Cultural Services and Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru
- Became a Part-‐time Performing Arts Tutor and Art & Design Saturday Club Tutor for Creative Industries, Coleg Sir Gar
My basic responsibilities at TSD are teaching key skills in Scale Model Making and Scenic Art for Theatre. I deliver a module in Design Realisation which includes research into German Expressionism. It teaches students to learn about the movement and then realise designs within a Theatrical context. Modules –see above in 'Role'
- History of Modern Art
- German Expressionist Art & Architecture Architectural/Exhibition
- Model Making and Claymation
- Research into Scenic Art/Model Making products, equipment and new materials specifically used in Theatre to ensure teaching is current and appropriate to the Industry.
I am an accomplished model maker and a skilled scenic artist. I have a strong research technique and can produce set and costume designs for Theatre. I have basic sewing and Upholstery skills and aim to turn my hand to most creative tasks found within Theatre production.
I have played an active role in Coleg Sir Gar’s pilot project the Art and Design Saturday club, a Sorrell Foundation initiative.
This project has challenged my ability to engage young people in new skills and show them the potential pathways to careers in the creative industries. The project included Exhibiting Students work at Somerset House. A Masterclass held at the Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners Architectural Practice.