UWTSD Home - Institutes and Academies - Institute of Management and Health - Institute of Management and Health Staff - Brynach Heffernan
Mr Brynach Heffernan BSc Econ (Hons), MSc Ed. Management, PGCE, FHEA
Programme Manager, BA leadership and Management, Cert in Skills for the Workplace.
10 years teaching experience in secondary and further education then 30 years teaching in Higher Education on postgraduate and undergraduate programmes
During this time I was also head of Business, Computing and Sport, followed by roles as quality manager and Assistant Principal Higher Education
Business consultancy – devising and delivering short courses.
Fellow Higher Education Authority
Developing people, leadership and managing enterprise.
- Quality of student experience
- Developing staff within education
- Introducing Appraisal and quality systems
- Led team to achievement of Investors in People
- Delivery of short courses and Masters level programmes over many years
- Writer of successful bids and contributor to projects
- Senior manager of commercial and work-based departments
FE to HE (2011)
Comparative study of Foundation degrees and Higher National Diplomas (2013)
10 years as an additional inspector at HMI Estyn
Currently external examiner for:
- University of Manchester PGCE 2018
- University of Brighton MBA 2020
Led several European funded and Quality improvement projects.