Darren Adams BSc computing
Senior Research Engineer
Responsible for the analysis and development of innovative hybrid parallel computing solutions for modelling thermal transport problems in human tissue. This work is carried out as part of the ASTUTE 2020 program.
- Mechanical engineering and management experience within the automotive industry.
- Musician and composer for 25 years; experience in all composition and mastering techniques for digital mixing software.
- Business and software expertise; founded a software development company in 2008 and released over 14 applications. Company was made dormant in 2016, with no major debts.
- Teaching experience at UWTSD for several years, teaching the casual games programming and entrepreneurship modules.
- Special needs teaching in multiple courses for games development, with a focus on generating a small game using Unity (development engine)
- Games skills council
- Industry liaison committee
Software development, problem solving leading to real-world implementations of solutions. Practical engineering, taking a product/prototype from drawing board to completion. Any creative endeavours where the sky is the limit.
A good amount of experience was learned in all the aforementioned areas; I have most experience in software development (bespoke applications, video games and cross platform mobile apps), business and project management.