Mrs Felicity Healey-Benson BSc, PGCE, MBA, MA (HRM), PG Dip CIPD, Dip. NLP, SAC. Dip, Academic Assoc. CIPD, Fellowship of Higher Academy
Lecturer in HRM & Leadership (p/t);
Entrepreneurial Learning Champion (p/t)
Tel: 01267 676767
Teaches across a breadth of undergraduate and postgraduate level modules (online and face-to-face) within the Business and Sustainability Leadership portfolios. Engaged in MBA & MSc dissertation supervision. Entrepreneurial Learning Champion including ambassador of ‘EntreCompEdu’ (Erasmus+ project) and Circular Economy Lead.
‘Passionate about people’, believes personal coaching/mentoring and education are keys to unlock potential and empower in others the ability to overcome issues, whether that be personal, an employment challenge, or the address of global ‘wicked problems’.
Experienced Kaizen Technician & Engineer and Learning and Development professional supporting culture change and embedding of continuous improvement principles. Has supported skills development in management and leadership from the shop-floor to the boardroom in a breadth of sectors to support improved personal and organisational performance before migrating into education. Critical and creative thinking, entrepreneurial learning and ‘applied sustainability’ with education are now priority areas of focus.
- Academic Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Higher Education Academy Fellowship
- Vitae Membership
- ICDE (International Council for Open and Distance Education) Membership
- EDEN (European Distance & Learning Network) Membership
- The British Society for Phenomenology Membership
- The Society for Coaching at Wales Academy of Professional Practice and Applied Research Member
- Member of the EntreCompEdu Steering Group
- Member of The Sustainability Network
- Member of the Enterprising Women in Ed Network
- Primary School Governor
Expertise in online distance learning, including the development of critical and creative thinking skill. Undergrad & postgrad portfolio include HR, leadership & management, business and enterprise, entrepreneurship, marketing, sustainability, and qualifications accredited by the CIPD, CIPS, CIM, CMI, and ACCA.
- Doctoral candidate (DBA) since 2017
- The development of the 4IR Educator
- Complexity Theory
- Critical Thinking & Creative Thinking skill development
- Innovative Pedagogy & Technology-based Assessment
- Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development
- Online/Distance Learning
- Applied Sustainability
A founding career in business improvement and learning & development (not-for-profit, local authority, commercial and e-commerce) before migrating into education. Dedicated to creating the motivation and momentum for individuals and teams to perform to their greatest potential and enact positive change. Trustee and volunteer positions also held including long-term role as School Governor. Founder of EmergentThinkers.com, publishing blog content on a doctoral research and professional learning journey, unpacking the concepts and practices that support the Future of Education, Work, Sustainability and Global Citizenship.
- Entrepreneurship Projects including Entrepreneurship Mapping within the university, and the implementation of a global online CPD tool for educators (EntreCompEdu)
- Founder of Emergent Thinkers (emergentthinkers.com) sharing content on my doctoral research and professional learning journey, unpacking the pedagogic and business concepts and practices to support the Future of Education and Work, Sustainability and Global Citizenship
- Founder of Pirates in Education (promoting positive challenge and ‘changer-maker’ behaviour in education)
- In addition to consultancy projects with private and not-for-profit clients, roles held within Unipart, Metapack, the Gwalia Group, and Amazon.
- Have delivered business consultancy support aligned with University accredited training & development for in-house bespoke staff development.
In addition to ongoing content published on EmergentThinkers.com & various educational websites:
Healey-Benson, F. (2020) ‘Success Story 1 – Vlogging’ in ‘The ‘What’, ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of Technology-Enhanced Assessment Seminar’, Dublin City University Teaching Enhancement Unit, National Institute for Digital Learning, 5th March 2020.
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Technology-Enhanced Assessment – Exemplar 1’. In Lowney, R. & Stone S., (2019) ‘Crowd-sourcing an OER: Exemplars and Case Studies of Technology-Enhanced Assessment’ , ALT (Association of Learning Technologies) Winter Conference 2019, 11-12 December 2019.
Healey-Benson, F. (2019)’ To Vlog or Not to Vlog’, ICDE’s 28th World Conference on Online Learning, Dublin, Ireland, 4-7th November 2019. *Short-listed by the Sponsors of the WCOL (800+ delegates from over 80 countries) as ‘Best Concise Paper’ of the Conference
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Rebel Call: Sustainability-based ethics in a technological world’, UWTSD, 31st October 2019 [blog]. Available: https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/blogs/rebel-call-sustainability-based-ethics-in-a-technological-world.html
BOOK: Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Sustainability and education‘, Chapter 6. In Kay Luan, T. (2019) ‘Applying Sustainability: Principles & Practices’, Partridge: USA
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Humans versus robots’, Chapter 27. In Kay Luan, T. (2019) ‘Applying Sustainability: Principles & Practices’, Partridge: USA
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘The mind behind harnessing technology for learning’, Emergent Thinkers, 27th August 2019. In Wheeler, S. (2019) ‘Emergent thinker?’, Learning with e’s, 27th August 2019 [blog]. Available: http://www.steve-wheeler.co.uk/2019/08/emergent-thinker.html
Healey-Benson , F. (2019) ‘ Nexus: the trigger for collective transformation’ [Press Release] 25th July 2019, UWTSD. Available: https://uwtsd.ac.uk/news/press-releases/press-2019/wales-nexus-conference-2019-1.html https://uwtsd.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=12b15c39-9aba-4f74-bd83-ab0300e29168&start=4.34463
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘The Influence of Online Discussion for Critical Thinking Skill Development’, Wales NEXUS Conference 2019, University of Wales, Swansea, 11th July 2019. Abstract: https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/wales-nexus-conference-2019/abstracts-/influence-of-online-discussion-design-for-critical-skill-thinking-development/ .
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Vlogging Skills for Industry 4.0’, Wales NEXUS Conference 2019, University of Wales, Swansea, 10th July 2019.
Healey-Benson, F. (2019) ‘Beat the data tidal wave: make it visual’, Advance HE, 5th March 2019. Available: https://www.advance-he.ac.uk/news-and-views/beat-the-data-tidal-wave
Healey-Benson, F. (2017) ‘University 4: Saving our Souls ‘, DBA Identity Magazine, Winter Edition, UWTSD: Wales.
Griffiths, D, Lewis, R. & Healey-Benson, F. (2016) ‘Who will account for will’, University Forum for Human Resource Development, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, June 8-10th 2016.
Healey-Benson, F. (2013) ‘The potential need for L&D intervention to facilitate lecturer customer-orientation towards students’, MA HRM, University of Wales Trinity St. David, Swansea.
Williams, M.D., Collins, J., Healey, F. & Beynon-Davies, P. (2003) ‘Promoting the Adoption of e-Commerce and ICT by SMEs in Wales, Co-ordination and Co-opetition: the IS role, UKAIS (UK Academy for Informational Systems) Conference, University of Warwick, Warwick, April 9-11th 2003.
Healey, F. (2002) ‘The design/impact of ICT/e-commerce initiatives funded through European Funds on Welsh SMEs’, MBA, Swansea University. Used by the National Assembly for Wales.