Dr Mabrouka Abuhmida
Dr Mabrouka Abuhmida PhD, FHEA, PGCertHE, MSc, BEng
Tel: 01792 481000
Lecturer in Software and Microprocessor Development
I have a PhD degree in Computer Networks. I am an enthusiastic professional academic who is equally comfortable in research and in lecturing. I can teach students in an academic setting, and train professionals from the commercial and industrial sectors. I am innovative and have self-initiative with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
I worked at Swansea University as an associate lecturer in the Computer Science department and I delivered many technical undergraduate modules. I was also involved in the postgraduate programme.
I have over six years of research and engineering experience in communication systems and signals, specialising in wireless sensor network modelling, simulation and analysis.
I have strong programming skills using C++, Python and Java. I am an OPnet and QualNet expert: I use both systems intensively for network modelling, process modelling, link modelling, simulation and analysis.
- Research Methods
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Smart and Connected Sevices
- Wireless Networks and Simulation
- Network modelling and simulations
- Wireless sensor networks technologies
- Routing protocols and algorithms and design
- Swarm intelligent and biogenetic algorithms
- Artificial intelligence algorithms
- Machine learning applications
- Internet of things applications
- Augmented reality applications
- Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., &Wells, I., 2016. Modelling and Evaluating the Performance of A Highly Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks routing protocols, International Journal of Computer Technology and Applications (IJ CTA).
- Abuhmida,M., Radhakrishnan, K. & Wells, I., 2015. Evaluating the Performance of ANTMANET Protocol for MANET. In IEEE International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications, (ITA15). Wrexham, North Wales, UK, United Kingdom.
- Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., & Wells, I., 2015. Performance Evaluation of Mobile Adhoc Routing Protocols on Wireless Sensor Networks for Environmental Monitoring. In IEEE UKSim-AMSS 17th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, (UKSim2015). Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., & Wells, I., 2015. ANTMANET A Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In IEEE 7th Int Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Network, (CICSyN2015). Riga, Latvia.
- Abuhmida, M., Wells, I. & X. C. A, 2011. Survey of Wireless Sensor Network Protocols Enabling High Mobility with a Focus on Swarm Intelligence. In IEEE Furth International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications (ITA 11). Wrexham, North Wales, UK, United Kingdom.
I am interested in photography, and I play the guitar.