UWTSD Home - Institutes and Academies - Institute of Management and Health - Institute of Management and Health Staff - Maria Heffernan
Mrs Maria Heffernan MBA, PGCE, FHEA, PGcert e-moderator
Course Manager, BA Leadership and Management.
- 30 years teaching experience in Higher Education
- 10 years Head of Business Studies programmes
Fellow Higher Education Authority.
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing Customers
- Knowledge Management
- At masters and undergraduate level
Strategy and change management within the education sector.
- Teaching and supervising within Higher Education
- Assessing quality within education
- Mentoring and developing staff
Delivery of a range of programmes from short courses to Masters level over 20 years.
Short business enterprise courses and consultancy with SMEs, local authority and third sector.
- External Verifier ILM and Edexcel
- 7 years as additional inspector for HMI Estyn
- 4 years as external examiner BPP University School of Business and School of Law London.