Natalie Griffiths B.Ed Hons.
Lecturer Aole Language and Literacy
Tel: 01792 481000
- P_PGCE - Welsh as a Second Language
- P_PGCE - Principles of Pedagogy
- BA(Ed) with QTS - Welsh Second Language
- BA(Ed) with QTS - Professional Teaching Experience module lecturer
- University-based tutor for Professional Teaching Experience for P_PGCE & BA(Ed) with QTS
- P_PGCE & BA(Ed) Partnership Link Tutor
After graduating with a B.Ed (Hons) from South Glamorgan Institute of Higher Education, Cyncoed, Cardiff, I started my teaching career with a variety of short-term contracts in Carmarthenshire. I then secured a permanent teaching post in a primary school in Swansea. I spent 15 happy years there where I was fortunate to have the opportunity to teach right across the primary phase. I also had the opportunity to be the curriculum lead for Welsh as a Second Language, Mathematics & Numeracy and ICT. I was also part of the Senior Management Team in my role as Lower Junior Phase Leader.
In 2003, the school was nominated to be the Pilot School for Swansea for the Foundation Phase. By this time, I was a teacher in one of the reception classes and therefore was part of the team that piloted this new way of delivering an Early Years curriculum.
I was fortunate to be appointed as a Lecturer of Welsh as a Second Language and ICT for the P_PGCE and BA(Ed) courses at the university in 2007. I have also lectured on the PGCE (PCET) course.
I have also worked as a mentor on the recently established Welsh Government Masters in Practice (MEP) programme for Newly Qualified Teachers.
I now work closely with the Partnership office, securing placements for both ITET primary courses while endeavouring to expand and develop our partnership schools throughout Wales.
- Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- Welsh Second Language
- Theories of teaching and learning L2s
- Professional Teaching Experience
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Welsh as a Second Language
- Foundation Phase