UWTSD is dedicated to creating a community of staff and students who support sustainability through social, economic, cultural and environmental responsibility.
We work collectively across all University areas to collaborate and educate individuals about the ways we can positively influence today’s society and generations to come.
Fix your Future
UWTSD declared a climate emergency in 2019 and we are working hard to protect your planet so that you can have the best future possible.
What we've done:
- Invested over £1M into Solar PV projects so we can generate our own energy,
- Planted 200 trees to celebrate 200 years of UWTSD,
- Achieved hedgehog friendly campus status,
- Banned single use plastic from our food outlets and we are phasing out disposable coffee cups,
- Achieved Green Flag status for Carmarthen and Lampeter Campus for maintaining beautiful grounds and ecosystems for everyone to enjoy,
- Reduced our waste and increased our recycling rates,
- New buildings are built to a Net Zero BREEAM Excellent standard,
- We have cultivated wildflower meadows where nature is flourishing,
- We have a ‘Library of Things’ on campus for those bits and bobs you forget.
What you can do:
- Shop local.
- Make environmentally informed travel choices.
- Reuse or recycle.
- Say NO to disposable coffee cups.
- Refuse single use plastics.
- Eat less meat.
- Power down – turn off lights, laptops, phones, etc…
- Don’t use aerosols.
- Use less water.