The Green Dragon Environmental Standard is awarded to organisations that can demonstrate effective environmental management and that are taking action to understand, monitor and control their impacts on the environment.
It’s suitable for organisations of all sizes, in any industry, and is flexible in design, so you tailor it to your needs.
The Standard, which is structured into five ‘Levels’, allows organisations to gain a third-party certification that provides recognition of their environmental practices and demonstrates their commitments to sustainability, consideration of environmental impacts, compliance with legislation and environmental protection.
The 5 Levels of Green Dragon are:
- Level 1: Commitment to Environmental Management
- Level 2: Understanding Environmental Responsibilities
- Level 3: Managing Environmental Impacts
- Level 4: Environmental Management Programme
- Level 5: Continual Environmental Improvement.
Level 5 Green Dragon is equivalent to, and in fact requires a greater environmental commitment in respect to public reporting and carbon emissions than ISO14001 and EMAS. The Green Dragon Environmental Standard is owned and managed by Groundwork Wales, a UKAS Accredited Inspection Body.
UWTSD has been certified to Green Dragon Level 5 for 2023.
- Download our Green Dragon Certificate 2023 – Word format.