Supporting Physical Development in Early Childhood Module (20-credits)
This course develops your knowledge and understanding of high-quality movement so that you can support children and families with developmentally appropriate experiences.
Theories and content are introduced through an interactive online eLearning platform, which can be accessed in your own time.
Knowledge checking tasks and activities support your understanding prior to face-to-face workshops.
Two expert led face-to-face workshops delivered across several weeks enable you to apply strategies in your own practice. Workshop 2 provides an opportunity to address specific challenges from your settings.
Who is this course tailored for?
This course is aimed at all staff who support young people's physical activity in education, health, leisure and community settings. For example….
- Teaching assistants, nursery and Meithrin staff
- Physiotherapists, health visitors, dietetics, midwives
- Sports development, leisure and community staff
What is the structure of the training?
- You will need to attend two face-to-face training days across several weeks.
- You will complete five hours of flexible online theory.
- In order to have maximum impact on children's physical development, they need access to a range of appropriate equipment. We can support you with an audit of your current provision.
- Assessment is through the online eLearning platform.
When can I start?
Complete a short form to register interest in taking part in our training and select your preferred dates.
|Location||Day 1||Day 2|
How much does the training cost?
The Level3 SKIP-Cymru course costs £300 per person. We offer discounts for multiple bookings.