Coaching and Mentoring in the Workplace
Enhancing Performance and Wellbeing - Coaching and Mentoring in the Workplace
28th November 2018 – The Village Hotel, Swansea
The Wales Institute for Work Based Learning (WIWBL) is delighted to announce its inaugural one-day Conference on Coaching and Mentoring in the Workplace. Linking performance with wellbeing, the Conference will provide an excellent opportunity to hear from international experts in the field with Keynotes from Prof Stephen Palmer (Professor of Practice, WIWBL) and Dr Peggy Marshall (Nationwide, US) as well as participate in workshops on coaching practice and supervision.
As part of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, WIWBL has a strong background in training coaches and mentors for the workplace and is delighted to extend an invitation to buyers of coaching, practitioners, Masters/Doctoral researchers and our alumni to share best practice and research in the field.
Senior practitioners and researchers in the field will contribute to parallel sessions on the themes of wellbeing in Coaching Context, Methods of Inquiry, Coaching within Education and Living Case Studies of Practice. The presentations will be through workshops, performance/practice demonstrations as well as the more formal research presentations.
This conference will also launch the WIWBL Coaching Society, a cross-Wales hub for coaching research and practice development and attendees will be offered free associate membership for the first year.
If you would also like to directly contribute through a poster then please submit an abstract of your presentation by the 5th November 2018.
Full cost per attendee: £125
Early bird £98 (ending 31st October)
Student £40 (UWTSD limited free)
Charity representative £40
To register, please click on this link and follow the instructions on the EventBrite page.
We are delighted to acknowledge the sponsorship of WABC –the first global professional association to exclusively represent the business coaching industry.
Please see the programme order below, or Download the PDF
- Enhancing Performance and Wellbeing through Coaching and Mentoring
▫ Professor Stephen Palmer, (UWTSD)
- Developing Coaching Cultures in Organisations – Pitfalls and Opportunities
▫ Dr Peggy Marshall, (Imago Performance)
- Using Recovery Coaching to Support Recovery from Addiction
▫ Wynford Ellis Owen, (Living Room)
Executive and Business Coaching
- Stuart Haden, (CIPD) - Five coaching Steps to Optimal Performance
- Dr Siobhain O’Riordan, (Centre for Coaching UK) - Tackling Psychological Barriers at Work
- Dr Peter Jackson, (Oxford Brookes University) - Professional Development
- Deni Lyall, (Winning Performance Associates Ltd and DProf Candidate) – Neuroscience and Coaching the Hesitant Client
- Dr Daniel Doherty - Narrative Coaching Workshop
Coaching in Education
- Dr Maggie Inman, (UWTSD, Swansea Business School) - Building Student Capacity for Curiosity – A Coaching Approach
- Prof Kay Livingston, (University of Glasgow) - Yr Athrofa Round Table Discussion: Mentoring and Coaching in Educational Contexts
Followed by Launch of the Society for Coaching
The Society for Coaching at WIWBL is a network of practitioners and researcher interested in exploring and promoting the use of coaching and mentoring within Wales for promoting performance and wellbeing for individuals and their organisations.
In this session the resources and opportunities of the network will be presented, and each participant will be offered a free associate membership of the Society for one year.
Stay for the final drinks reception with awards in the following categories
- Best Poster in the conference
- Most innovative and/or effective use of coaching and mentoring for the community
NOMINATIONS STILL OPEN - EMAIL US